Digital marketing is the primary term for all the efforts related to online marketing. The businesses can gain more influence from the digital channels that include Google search, emails, social media as well as the websites so that they are able to connect with not only their present customers but also their future customers. Nowadays, people spend almost twice their time on the Internet as compared to what they did almost twelve years ago. The way people do their shopping has changed completely too. Offline marketing is hard of any interest to the people now. Marketing, since the beginning, meant connecting with the audience at the right place and right time. It has changed today because the audience can be targeted at the place where they are spending the maximum time, that is, the Internet. From the website that is being handled for the business to branding the assets online, which includes the digital advertisements, marketing through emails, online brochures, etc., there is a huge gamut of strategies and assets that come under digital marketing. Also, the digital marketers who are the wisest and the best, have vivid pictures in their minds of how the strategies and assets can help them fulfill the goal they are aiming for.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
Marketing has started changing its course from the traditional ways of marketing which include the television advertisements, mail outs, or billboards to the new way, known as the Digital Marketing. There has been an emphasis on communications through email, PPC, web tracking and so on. Digital marketing is growing with every passing day in popularity because of its potency to engage the clients and the leads through means that can be easily accessed. Here are some key benefits of digital marketing:
- You cannot really measure the number of people who are looking at your billboard or how many were interested in the flyers before they sent it for recycling. Digital Marketing, on the other hand, provides reports that are extremely reliable as to the number of people who have actually opened the link that you have sent to them through emails.
- The consumers are undoubtedly in search of a custom or a personalized journey which is not at all possible in the case of traditional marketing. Digital marketing helps you to identify the interests so that you can understand their preferences. The largest asset of online marketing is personalization.
- The activities that are related to traditional marketing have a high range price tag. The television advertisements, billboards or the radio commercials are huge expenses. The products of Digital Marketing can be scaled according to sizes and hence can be used by the businesses so that you can easily reach the target audiences.
- Digital Marketing can be accessed by a large number of people because it takes place through the internet. Traditional marketing limits the audiences to a particular geographic area. With the help of online marketing, one can also connect with the audiences who are in some other country with the help of effective means.
- Digital Marketing comes with an addition feature, which is reporting. If any person feels that there is something that is not performing the way it should, he can easily point it out and change it. Several things can be tried by the person, and he can execute the one, he feels will work the best way.
- It is very easy to connect with the customers online, as they just click away. Customers do not have to receive phone calls anymore or visit shops physically. They have the ability to visit the websites and make purchases or gain more information about the organizations, sitting back at home.
The Future of Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is a process that is continuously shifting. Innovative technologies have been implemented, which is the prime reason for online marketing to improve on a regular basis. The businesses are also changing at the same pace so that they do not lose out on attracting the customers. The websites will be customized, and there will be a particular website for each customer, which is going to alter the way people interact over the internet. Though Digital Marketing is not very costly now, in the near future, this is going to change, as all businesses are trying their hands in online marketing. The video advertisements are the best way to attract the customers, and they are likely to increase in future. The businesses have plans to target more customers who use smartphones for purchasing. This revolution is going to hit online marketing as compared to other fields.
Its Widespread Adoption in Singapore
Brands are diversifying with each passing day, and Southeast Asia is offering markets so that the companies can build demand which in turn will help to increase the sales. It is very difficult for the marketers to identify where they are going to put more effort. The search engines, e-commerce players or the social networking sites are not same for all the countries. If we look into the demography of Singapore, there are a total of 5.26 million people, among which almost eighty-one percent of them are online. This makes Singapore the country with the highest number of people online. The internet in Singapore is also of a very high speed. Digital marketing started very slow in Singapore because it had the best shopping malls from around the world. Also, the national past time of the people of Singapore is shopping offline. But, now, according to reports, Singapore is responsible for half the online retail that takes place in Southeast Asia.
The sites there are completely different though. For example, there is no local site for Amazon in Singapore, though free deals on shipping are provided to the customers. The companies like Reebonz (Luxury), Zalora (Fashion), Redmart (Groceries) and Lazada (Electronics) are doing very well. There are many western companies that set up their very own websites in Singapore. The new e-commerce company of SingPost, namely, SP Commerce, helps in the management of solutions for Muji, Calvin Klein, and Adidas. The people of Singapore have local cultures that are really strong, and the digital marketers are well established. Digital marketing in Singapore has come a long way, and with the future improvements in online marketing, it is going to attract a lot of businesses as well.